Vegan yums from Chef Chloe.
This fresh, flavorful avocado pesto pasta is perfect for quick, everyday dinners or backyard cookouts.
- 1 pound dried linguini
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 2½ ounces)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ of a lemon)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (optional)
n a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to package directions. While pasta cooks, in a food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain pasta. In a large serving bowl, toss pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with sundried tomatoes.
And then if you’re still into it,